Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III

Compare two non linked feilds

I have 2 different tables that have no relation between them. I just want to compare 2 column from each of those and tell if the values in one column are there in the other (basically compare the values in both)

Is there a way this can be achieved? NB - There is no relation between these two tables.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

There probably is a way. Even if the tables are not associated the fields values would be associated (as if) as in cross-join case. You could get the values something like:

=Concat(Distinct if(Field1<>Field2,F1), ',')            // to get the comma separated values in a textbox

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

There probably is a way. Even if the tables are not associated the fields values would be associated (as if) as in cross-join case. You could get the values something like:

=Concat(Distinct if(Field1<>Field2,F1), ',')            // to get the comma separated values in a textbox

sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Actually, this halts my qvw, maybe this is too ram intensive. As a workaround, I've tried left join. Let's see, I'll post here if I get an other alternative.