Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Comparison Bar Chart: Sales person vs Entire group

Hello All,

I am trying to create a comparison bar chart. I want to compare distribution of 'Distinct count [deal num]' by discount ranges across sales person Vs. Total Group distribution.

So I am using

two dimensions : 1) Disc Range 2)Sales person name

two expressions : 1) (DISTINCT [Deal Num]) 2) (DISTINCT ALL <[Disc Range]> [Deal Num]) - this is messing up my bar chart , I am getting duplicated bars for every sales person

Also, I tried using Show Total option in Dimension limits - the problem with this is the Total is getting changed based on the filter selection; in my case, I want to keep Total of the entire group static.

It will be really helpful if you could resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Varun

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I would recommend maybe creating a separate chart for totals which would be never change no matter what the selections are. Like below. Because with two dimensions i dont think the two expressions would work  the way you want it.

Test5.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try count(distinct [Deal Num]) and count({1} distinct total <Disc Range> [Deal Num])

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for giving it a try.. but I am facing the same issue. The second expression is getting repeated for every sales person again and again..

Not applicable
Author

Hey Varun,

Is it possible to attach a sample file.

Thanks

AJ

Not applicable
Author

Hi AJ,

I have converted my chart into Table so that it would be easy for you to understand. Check out the attachment below.

Untitled2.png

yellow columns is showing the same information across due to following expression:-

count({1} distinct total <Per Int> [Deal Num])

currently I have just made one selection for 'Aaron Tooke' still other sales persons are appearing. Hence it is messing up my bar chart. Ideal it should show 2 columns for Aaron one for Aaron's unique count and other one for Total Group.

In case if I select 2 sales person at a time it should show 3 columns one for unique count of 1st sales person 2nd for unique count for another sales person and last one should show total group.

Hope you understood what I am trying to achieve..

Thanks for your help.

I am using a desktop version of qlikview hence I cannot open the qvw file..

Kind Regards,

Varun

Kind Regards,

Varun

Not applicable
Author

I would recommend maybe creating a separate chart for totals which would be never change no matter what the selections are. Like below. Because with two dimensions i dont think the two expressions would work  the way you want it.

Test5.png

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ajay,

I thought we could solve this through set analysis. But like you suggested I would go for two charts. In case you come across any idea please do share that.

Thanks Again!

regards,

Varun