Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III

Conditional Display Not Working

I have two tables: Dimensions & Metrics.  The pivot table will only show when at least one selection is made from both tables. It works perfectly in the QV app. In a browser, however, the entire pivot table appears with every dimension and metric when only one of each are selected.  It’s either all or nothing.

I also have a text object to show/hide another text object that has a container in it, to use as filters. I click on the 1st text object and the 2nd one shows, but the container does not.  In other words, it shows and hides the textbox as designed.  The container is nowhere to be found.

In the Pivot Table, here are the settings:

Here is the Calculation Condition (General tab): GetSelectedCount(_idimension) > 0 and GetSelectedCount(_imetrics) > 0

Here is the Selected Dimension Condition: =SubStringCount(Concat(_idimension, '|'), 'Year')

Here is the Selected Expression Condition: =SubStringCount(Concat(_imetricsNo, '|'), 1)

In the layout tab, Conditional is also checked.

Here are the filter settings:

Text Object Button: Actions tab: Value: =if(vFilter=0,1,0)

Text Object to 'hold' container and the container itself: Layout > Conditional > vFilter=1

Identical behavior in both IE and Chrome, with both the IE Plugin and AJAX.  Using version 11.20.12347.0 SR6.

Can anyone help me with this?  I would really like to have these features.

19 Replies
Not applicable

Jason,

I guess for the next time it would be very helpful if you'd attach your document.

Is it possible you checked the 'Show All Sheets and Objects' in Settings --> Document Properties --> Security tab ?

This option makes Qlikview ignore the conditional show of objects.

See the attached picture.

If this doesn't help, please attach your document.

Best regards!

Moritz

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Jason Campbell wrote:

I also have a text object to show/hide another text object that has a container in it, to use as filters. I click on the 1st text object and the 2nd one shows, but the container does not.  In other words, it shows and hides the textbox as designed.  The container is nowhere to be found.

Hi

A textbox cannot have a container "in" it. If you placed a container on top of the textbox, that does not result in a relationship between them. Perhaps I misunderstood you.

Is the container hidden behind the text box? Adjust the layer of each item in the Properties | Layout tab. Higher layers will appear on top of lower layers.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III
Author

My apologies, having a container 'in' a text box was my description of its appearance, not the actual structure.  There is no relationship between them whatsoever, except for their placement of above/below the other on the screen.

The container is hidden above the text box.  The text box layer is -2, the container, 4.  It works perfect in the app, during development.  Just doesn't function correctly when in a browser.

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The selection you described is unchecked.  The items are layered properly and it works perfectly in development.  Just doesn't work in Chrome and IE.

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I attached a sample of what I'm trying to do.  It works in the app, but not in Chrome...or IE w/the plugin.

Can anyone tell me why the text object will hide/un-hide, but the container will not?

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Moritz, thank you.  Here is an example of what I'm trying to do.

Not applicable

Hi Jason,

I tested your file.

It worked fine.

I tried in Mozilla Firefox & IE...

I can't imagine why it isn't working in your place...

Have a nice day!

Moritz

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for checking, Moritz.  Did both the Text Object TX827 and Container CT07 appear for you?  The Text Object is all that appears for me.

Not applicable

Yes, I checked again...

Might it be possible that the Textbox is on the wrong level?

What I mean is that the Textbox is on top of the Container & the container gets concealed by the Textbox...

Is this possible?