Skip to main content

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Welcome to Qlik Community! Check out our new navigation! FIND OUT MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quilldew
Creator
Creator

Contact Date Within Status Period

Hi,

I have a set of data where a client can have a given status - such as LAC - that is represented by a start date and end date eg: LAC_StartDate, LAC_EndDate

These clients (identified by a unique ID) can have lots of contacts, what I need to do is mark a contact with a flag if it took place within the LAC status period for that client, and only that client.

I did a search and found lots of interval match references for linking dates to general periods, but I couldn't find anything to link a date filtered by client, to a period filtered by the same client.

Any ideas?

3 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

By the sound of your description I sounds like a interval match scenario. Have you looked into the extended syntax of IntervalMatch?
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/IntervalMatc...

If this is not helping you then I would recommend you put up a screenshot and or share some sample data.
quilldew
Creator
Creator
Author

Okay,

It took me a while to create some random data in roughly the format I need.

I've attached a qvw.

I've had a good look at extended intervalmatch, but I'm not sure it's what I need as I already have the contacts linked to another range.

I'm looking to show anyone with a LAC referral open during a contact_quarter I pick, that also had a contact with another service, during that same quarter, and also while the LAC referral was open. I haven't included any here, but all the referrals may have empty end_date's ie: still open.

Does that make sense? Not sure :S

quilldew
Creator
Creator
Author

Are we thinking it's just not possible?