Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quilldew
Creator
Creator

Contact Date Within Status Period

Hi,

I have a set of data where a client can have a given status - such as LAC - that is represented by a start date and end date eg: LAC_StartDate, LAC_EndDate

These clients (identified by a unique ID) can have lots of contacts, what I need to do is mark a contact with a flag if it took place within the LAC status period for that client, and only that client.

I did a search and found lots of interval match references for linking dates to general periods, but I couldn't find anything to link a date filtered by client, to a period filtered by the same client.

Any ideas?

3 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

By the sound of your description I sounds like a interval match scenario. Have you looked into the extended syntax of IntervalMatch?
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/IntervalMatc...

If this is not helping you then I would recommend you put up a screenshot and or share some sample data.
quilldew
Creator
Creator
Author

Okay,

It took me a while to create some random data in roughly the format I need.

I've attached a qvw.

I've had a good look at extended intervalmatch, but I'm not sure it's what I need as I already have the contacts linked to another range.

I'm looking to show anyone with a LAC referral open during a contact_quarter I pick, that also had a contact with another service, during that same quarter, and also while the LAC referral was open. I haven't included any here, but all the referrals may have empty end_date's ie: still open.

Does that make sense? Not sure :S

quilldew
Creator
Creator
Author

Are we thinking it's just not possible?