Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Container Objects: Displaying two objects at the same time

Hello,

I am relatively new to QlikView and am experimenting with Container Objects right now.

What I want to achieve is:

• Have four objects (two textboxes and two charts) in the container box.
  • Display two objects (one textbox and one chart) at the same time.

The background is that the charts illustrate what the textboxes are saying. I thus want them to stand together.

Any help on the topic will be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Lina,

QlikView is quite limmited about containers. If you have some objects you want to show/hide depending of a selection, you will obtain a better result controlling these objects with a variable.

step1. Create a variable (ctrl +Alt+V), for instance vShow

step 2. add a button, go to actions, add, set variable. Write name (vShow) and value (  =mod($(vShow)+1,2)  ). So it will takes values 0 and 1.

step 3. Go to chart properties, desig tab, conditional -> =if($vShow),1,0)   in those objects you want to show at first time, and =if($vShow),0,1)  in those you want to show after.

Hope it helps.

Marc

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Lina,

QlikView is quite limmited about containers. If you have some objects you want to show/hide depending of a selection, you will obtain a better result controlling these objects with a variable.

step1. Create a variable (ctrl +Alt+V), for instance vShow

step 2. add a button, go to actions, add, set variable. Write name (vShow) and value (  =mod($(vShow)+1,2)  ). So it will takes values 0 and 1.

step 3. Go to chart properties, desig tab, conditional -> =if($vShow),1,0)   in those objects you want to show at first time, and =if($vShow),0,1)  in those you want to show after.

Hope it helps.

Marc

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I agree with MC.  Variables for show/hide is much more flexible.  Also consider Cyclic groups in 1 chart if your expression is the same in both charts with just a different dimension.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marc,

Thank you! That is even better than using a Container Object!

Lina