Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Count number of distinct TVLicense numbers that are used more than once

hi there.

Lets say I have a table showing TV license sale transactions.  I have 200 transactions and 20 distinct (unique) TV licenses, some of which were used more than once.

I've created a straight table that shows only TV licenses that were used more than 10 times in a given period.

TV License numberNo. of times usedCount distinct

How do I make the "Count distinct" total show a total of 5 instead of 20? I.e. I only want to know how many unique licenses were used more than 10 times, NOT total number of unique licenses.

Hope you can help!

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter

How do I flag as correct answer?  Under Actions, I only have "Mark as Helpful" as an option?

gsbeaton
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I concur with this way of doing it.  The {<Dimension = {"=boolean condition"}>} method is always going to be more performant than any of the alternative options offered here which use IF().

sasikanth
Master
Master

hi,

Try this

Count(DISTINCT(IF([No. of times used]>10, [TV License number]))

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Indeed, "Mark as Helpful" is hidden away under the Actions menu. Don't feel deterred from using that feature wherever you think someone provided additional insights. Apparently, these days there is no limit on how many Helpfuls you can award.

The Correct Answer & Green Star-button should appear in every post immediately above the Actions menu link. You can assign only one Correct Answer at any time, but you can undo the assignment if you think you made an error.

Correct Answer button thread204454.jpg

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Just to add a useful community blog:

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Not applicable
Author

hi Peter

I don't see the green star anywhere?  see screenshot below.  I only have the Actions menu.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

please open ur thread in new tab where u will get for evry reply  in left side as correct answer  as peter mentioned in screen shot.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Spot-on Suresh.

The green star button will only appear when you open the thread in your browser, not in your Inbox. In your Inbox;, click the blue discussion title to jump to a full browser layout with all bells and whistles.

This is one of the limitations of the Inbox display. Other limitations include not seeing any attachments or discussion structure.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

yeah exactly peter....