Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Count of dates not associated with a calendar

I have a report that has the following fields for each person - Pay Week, Hours Worked, Date of Interview, Date Training Complete.

I have associated the Pay week with a calendar, so selecting a month shows all people that submitted Hours Worked for that period.

However, I also want to show a count of how many people have a Date of Interview or Date Training Complete within the selected period. Of course, these other dates may belong to people who do not have Hours Worked for that period and the people who have Hours Worked for the period might not have Interview or Training dates within the same period.

How do I create these counts to display?

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Check the concept below mentioned.

It will solve the problem.

Canonical Date

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Where this is not associative. Would you share me the snap and sample data for UAT

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

the Canonical Date is probably the correct answer here, but if doing simple counts then you could use set analysis

Set the min and max data available based on selections in a variable and use something like

=count({$<someotherdate={">=$(=Date(vMinDate))<=$(=Date(vMaxDate)"} >} value)

Not applicable
Author

My apologies for taking so long to reply to your suggestions.

The canonical date gave me an idea which I could work with for now and appears to work as I require.

What I have done is create summed extracts from the DB, by month for each of the figures I'm after. These extracts are all associated with the same calendar table that pay uses.

I'm an experienced SQL DBA with only a small amount of experience with QlikView, so it was the path of least resistance.

Thanks for your time.