Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Counting of people who missed more than 4 consecutive days

Hi guys,

I have a report of staff absenteeism and a business rule that was given to me was that for the analysis of absenteeism do not consider the people who missed more than 4 consecutive days.

I have a report of staff absenteeism and a business rule that was given to me was that for the analysis of absenteeism do not consider the people who missed more than 4 consecutive days.

For example if a person lacked from day 1 until January 6, then for my calculation:

Total absentee hours - (total number of people missing more than 4 consecutive days) * 8

/ (Total active people - (total number of people missing more than 4 consecutive days) * 8

Said person will not be considered from day 5 until the date he is absent, for the others if he is considered as long as he does not miss more than 4 consecutive days, otherwise he will not be considered again.

ausentimo.PNG

To solve this problem, I was thinking of creating a field in the script called consecutive, which will tell me how many times the person has been missing consecutively or consecutively. But I do not know what formula could be used for that.

All this I would like to show in a summary table graph.

I ask for your help to spend a happy new year

Thank you so much,

Regards.

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

You could use within a sorted resident-load interrecord-functions like Peek() or Previous() ? for checking the previous records and setting a flag-field, maybe with something like this:

load

if(rangesum(Date * 3, -peek(Date, -3), -peek(Date, -2), -peek(Date, -1), 6) = 0 and

rangesum(PersonID * 3, -peek(Date, -3), -peek(Date, -2), -peek(Date, -1)) = 0, 1, 0) as Flag

resident Source order by PersonID, Date;

Important here is the proper sorting. You might need to adjust the conditions maybe to some more if-loops but if you could use numeric and consecutive data for the checks you could just use simple calculations to get true or false.

- Marcus