cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james227
Contributor II
Contributor II

Create a pie chart to show percentage of top 10

Hi,  I am trying to create a pie chart that shows the % of each of a top 10 list.  I know should be pretty simple with set analysis but I am getting tripped up.

Example:

Sales Person     Sales

Employee1         100

Employee2         125

Employee3        50

.                           .

.                           .

Employee20    200

I would want the pie chart to only chart the top 10 sales people and then display what % of their sales was of that set of 10 employees.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

This is really easy to do. Create a pie chart with your [Sales Person] as dimension and Sum(Sales) as expression/measure.
Go to Dimension Limits tab,
under Limits tick the first box to Restrict which values are displayed using the first expression,
Select Show only Largest 10 values
and deselect under Options Show others and you are done!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

This is really easy to do. Create a pie chart with your [Sales Person] as dimension and Sum(Sales) as expression/measure.
Go to Dimension Limits tab,
under Limits tick the first box to Restrict which values are displayed using the first expression,
Select Show only Largest 10 values
and deselect under Options Show others and you are done!
james227
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Lisa_P Thanks!  I knew I was over complicating it.  What would the measure be to get the sales into %.  I figure it be Sum(Sales) / Sum (set of the top 10?) <- stuck on this part

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Just use Sum(Sales). By default Pie chart is based on percentage. Make sure you select Relative on Expression tab for the expression.