Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating ODBC Connection

Hi,

How can we create an ODBC connection with QlikView. Also after creating a connection i get the error which is attached. Please help out so that i can start work on the QlikView product.

TYIA,

6 Replies
mgavidia
Creator
Creator

You need to create the ODBC connection in the usual way: From Windows Start select:

Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Data Sources. Use the Oracle user ID and Password to create a System DSN (You need to have the appropiate Oracle driver installed).

Once you have the System DSN properly configured, you just selected it from the QlikView pull-down to see the Oracle tables avaialble to that user.

I hope this helps,

Miguel  Gavidia

Los Angeles, CA.

its_anandrjs

Oracle listener is not configure correctly thats why it is not obtain suggestion talk to the oracle person or check the listener file location and configure the connection.

For creating the ODBC connection in qlikview

Go to Script Editor >> select >> Database ODBC >> Connect >> and select oracle Data source

and

From OLE DB you can also create a connection.

rajat2392
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

goto control panel, follow this path...

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources

create the database by adding it, see the screenshot

db.JPG.jpg

now goto qlikview and select ODBC connection and test it and see if it is successful or not as in screenshot below

tst.JPG.jpg

If successful then select and load the data else establish the connection in control panel again properly.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

the error you get comes from oracle

- you can check the oracle side with (open a dos prompt)

tnsping   yournetservicename

yournetservicename is usually configured in tnsnames.ora

- if ok configure a system odbc (32 or 64, as your oracle client)

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/02/10/odbc-confusion

- then use it in qlik (32 or 64, depending on your previous choice)   

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III

First you have to check on you system that ora client is installed. if not installed than first installed it then you have to pass database ip and port in tns file. so if you dnt locate the tns file then let me. And after that process you have to make system dsn. First let me know that ora client is installed in your machine.

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III

Location for tns ora:

/home/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/network/admin/tnsnames.ora