Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cumulative YTD

I want to create a bar chart with a cumulative YTD profit per month. I've included a simple Excel example of the input. I calculate the expression (sum of the profit) with the following formula:

Sum

(if (InYearToDate (Date, Today(), 0), [Profit]))

Now I would like to add the dimension Year-Month (2010 JAN, etc.), but the I get the profit per month. (JAN: 1M, FEB: 2M, MAR: 1.5M) and not the cumulative profit per month (JAN: 1M, FEB: 3M, MAR: 4.5M).

Can anybody help me with this change? Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anja,

I'm not sure if my solution is what you want, please ckeck it and let me know if it helps you.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anja,

I'm not sure if my solution is what you want, please ckeck it and let me know if it helps you.

Best regards.

Not applicable
Author

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In my project I have a similar Requiremnt and I was able to resolve it using the Accumulation, however, I had another requirement to Bucket the Data based on Accumulation. So gng with your example,

If my Profit < 200000 THEN 1 ELSE 2. So O/p should be like

YearMonthProfitBucket
2010ene10000001
2010feb30000002
2010mar45000002

How to Write the Expression in QV in such case. I am using the Expression as If (Column(1) < 20000,1,2) attaching the sample file.

Any help on this?

Regards,

Amit

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Profit = rangesum(above(column(1)),sum(Profit)) // no accumulation
Bucket = if(column(1)<200000,1,2)

Not applicable
Author

HI! Miguel

The solution you have provide is perfectly fine but i have one more requirement. when i clik on the month Feb the sum(Profit ) here gives the value 2M. Where i my case it should still be the cumulative sum of jan and feb i.e 3M.

Is there any way to achive this by doing any changes at the script level or at the UI level

Can anyone provide any help on this.

Not applicable
Author

Use Accumulation in the lower left of your expression tab.

Not applicable
Author

Hi! Anja,

that is fine ...but when i click on a particular month i see that data for that particular month . I want to see the cumulative sum. like in your case when i clik on feb the value of profit becomes 2m i want it to be 3m.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rahul,

Sorry for my late reply. If you're still dealing with this issue you might want to try this solution: http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/17597.aspx