Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Customize your text formatting (advanced)

Hi Guys,

as I already read in the community, that QlikView offers custom text formatting, I asked myself if it is possible to take it one step beyond.

I already know the following customizations

='<U> '&' <U>'  --> Underline

='<B>' & <B>' --> Big

='<I>' & '<I>' --> Italic

Colors + If-clauses eg.

Since those customizations don't offer much options (unlike HTML & CSS). I tried to use some HTML-Statements which normally lead to a custom change of our text. In this case the goal is to achieve a double underlining.

<html>

<head>

<title>Double Underlined Text Example</title>

<style type="text/css">

.double_underline {

border-bottom: 3px double;

}

</style>

</head>

<body>

<span class="double_underline">Double Underlined Text</span>

</body>

</html>

But...

It's not working, altough I put it in QV-Synthax!

Anyhow, the problem doesn't seem to be trivial.

Since I'm not only asking for my specific problem but for general customization of  text formatting options, I'd be really happy to get answers regarding any option QV offers to its developers.

Hope somebody has a clue making things work out.

Greetz

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

For the time being, those three are the only options you can play with in regards to text formatting, in addition to the custom cell format, background colors and so.

QlikView documents don't use HTML nor CSS by themselves. However, starting in version 10, there are extensions, where you do can customize the display using CSS, HTML, Javascript and so for AJAX users. If I remember correctly there were some examples in the old forum, they are uploading the files to these, so they are likely to be available soon.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

EDIT: I've learned this thread and this other thread from Dan from QlikTech. It's worth looking at it regarding to extensions.

Dan's links

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

For the time being, those three are the only options you can play with in regards to text formatting, in addition to the custom cell format, background colors and so.

QlikView documents don't use HTML nor CSS by themselves. However, starting in version 10, there are extensions, where you do can customize the display using CSS, HTML, Javascript and so for AJAX users. If I remember correctly there were some examples in the old forum, they are uploading the files to these, so they are likely to be available soon.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

EDIT: I've learned this thread and this other thread from Dan from QlikTech. It's worth looking at it regarding to extensions.

Dan's links

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I know this is old threat, but thought i might share a solution, as I to had queried this option and came across this thread.

The above listed html tags can be used in the text format property of dimensions and expressions.

By expanding the properties of either dimensions or expression, the text format allows for a expression or conditional expression to be used, see examples below which can be used in QlikView:

Underline - [='<u>']

Bold - [='<b>']

Kind regards,

Nathan Alard.