Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cycle group -Global Calculation

Hi i have the following issue.

i wish to calculate the differrence between Listprice and Base Price articles.

every article has a Base price attached to it.

i.e 100090001 - 19 Euro BasePrice (per unit)

-  17,5 ListPrice (Netsales / Qty)

That is of course no problem , [ListPrice (Sek)] - [BaseListPrice (Sek)] / BaseListPrice.

However where it gets tricky is when you cycle through the fields in the table to Customer. IF you do not select an Article you get no calculation.

i wish to perform this calculation for Customer, Year and so Forth.

So what i am looking for is a calculation which can selects all articles and does the calculation. I have made an attempt below without luck.

(([Net Sales

(SEK)] * Qty) / ([BaselistPrice(SEK)] * Qty)),[Item number])

i have attached a sampledataset to help.

Best

Brad

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You have to aggregate [BaseListPrice (Sek)]. You'll have to figure out what (BaseListprice * ExchangerateEUR) has to mean at the levels of the dimensions in your group. I have no idea what makes more sense, sum(BaseListprice * ExchangerateEUR) or avg(BaseListprice * ExchangerateEUR) or something else. You know your data so you'll have to decide what aggregation function is appropriate.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You have to aggregate [BaseListPrice (Sek)]. You'll have to figure out what (BaseListprice * ExchangerateEUR) has to mean at the levels of the dimensions in your group. I have no idea what makes more sense, sum(BaseListprice * ExchangerateEUR) or avg(BaseListprice * ExchangerateEUR) or something else. You know your data so you'll have to decide what aggregation function is appropriate.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand