Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dashboard Reload

Hi All,

I have application and it is mounted on the Server and i create a button on application and its action properties i use reload action. My requirement is when i click on reload button from access point i want to reload the appplication but not succeded. Same from Qlikview desktop i am do the same why it is not working.

Thanks

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Check if:

Settings/DocumentProperties/Security/AllowUserReload is checked.

regards

Darek

Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

Do the following and you will find out where your reload fails.

1. Open QlikView desktop client
  2. Open the QlikView application that should be logged
  3. Go to Settings > Document Properties...
  4. Go to General tab
  5. Check the "Generate Logfile" checkbox
  6. Press OK to save the settings and close the dialog
  7. Each reload will now regenerate a log file named as the QVW file in the same folder as the QVW file
Not applicable
Author

I check the settings but not find the AllowUserReload where it is and for which version you are suggest i am using 11.2.

Thanks

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can reload a file using the QlikView Desktop. And you can define a reload scheme on the server using the management console (for administrators).

But you cannot reload a file as a user from the Access Point. And it is intentional this way, since you would destroy for other users if you as one of many users reloaded the file.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thanks but user who uses the dashboard is authorised user but he want to reload application from access point dont go to server to reload again and again. Please tell there is any way for this.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, this is not a function that exists in QlikView.

But if you program your own extension, and trigger a reload using EDX, you can do it.

Triggering an EDX Task from the Ajax Client

HIC

omerfaruk
Creator
Creator

This is an old thread and already emphasized that it is not ideal to give users such reloading right but, this is possible using macro without needing an extension. I've implemented similar functionality using the following scenario in case anyone needs:

You should create a reload task from management console, (whether you have publisher or not, does not really matter). Select "on an external event" option on the reload tab of the document to be reloaded. Set a password to use in macro code.

In Module paste this by changing required parts

function RequestEDX()

dim strServer

dim strTaskName

dim strCommand

dim strReturnValue

strServer = "servername"

strTaskName = "documentname.qvw"

strCommand = "C:\EDX\qmsedx.exe" & _

" -qms=" & chr(34) & strServer & chr(34) & _

" -task=" & chr(34) & strTaskName & chr(34) & _

" -password=password defined in QMC" & _

" -timeout=600"

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

strReturnValue = WshShell.Run (strCommand, 1, true)

sEDXTask = strReturnValue    

end function

Download the attached EDX files and extract them in C: folder (or anywhere else by pointing in the macro code)

You can set this as an action of the desired QlikView object. You can even hide this object and make it visible by a variable submission through input box.

Note: Remember if you don't have a publisher licence, you will not be able to schedule a reload on the same document. Reload setting is set for once for those not having publisher licence. In this case you may want to schedule a task on windows task scheduler using .bat files.

With publisher licence there is no restriction like this.