Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_pun_shah
Contributor
Contributor

Data Lineage / Data Semantic chart

Hi all,

I wanted to check if there is a chart object available in Qliksense that let's us create a data lineage or data semantic layer display, letting us display the flow of data in the underlying source database?

Say if we are getting data from 4 tables and merging to one final table in source database, i want to create a data semantics chart depicting the same and if some data is not available in one of the tables, highlight that semantic connection in red and etc,

Regards,

Darpan

1 Reply
jcmachado
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikSense does not have a built-in chart object specifically designed for displaying data lineage or data semantic layer. However, there are a few ways you can achieve this in QlikSense.

One option is to use the Line chart object and customize it to display the data flow between the tables. You can use lines to connect the tables and use different colors to indicate the flow of data. You can also use expressions to show the number of rows or columns being transferred from one table to another.

Another option is to use the Network graph object and customize it to show the relationship between the tables. You can use nodes to represent the tables and edges to represent the relationships between the tables.

You can also create a custom visualization using a third-party library such as D3.js and customize it to show the data lineage or data semantic layer.

Additionally, you can use the data lineage feature provided by Qlik data catalog to check the lineage of the data and check which data is not available in one of the tables.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.