Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data filter by Year, Month and Day

Hello! I am new in QlikView.

I need to produce the filters by year, month and day, as shown below:

Snap 2015-09-01 at 12.08.11.png

Can someone help me ?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

To get it horizontal and with the checkboxes you will have to go to the Presentation tab for each of the list boxes and remove the checkmark from Single Column and from the drop-down "Selection Style Override" select Windows Checkboxes. Lastly you must drag the lower-right corner of the list box so it becomes much wider than it is high and it will reformat to a horizontal format instead of vertical.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
nigel987
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Filipe,

Is your date field already available as year, month, day in the data model?

If not, you need to do the following in the script (just replace Your_Date_Field and Table_of_Your_Date_Field with your own field and table names).

Date:

LOAD

Your_Date_Field,

Year(Your_Date_Field) AS Year,

Month(Your_Date_Field) AS Month,

Day(Your_Date_Field) AS Day,

Resident Table_of_Your_Date_Field;

Reload the script and then create three listbox objects. One with the field Year, one with Month and one with Day. Is that clear?

I've attached a sample file.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

2015-09-01 #6.PNG

I just used ValueList() and ValueLoop() to make expressions for the three listboxes. You can replace each with Year, Month and Day from your data model (table).

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nihal,

Yes, the dates are already in this model.

I cannot put in the layout of the image that I posted. I need to put a checkbox for each year, month and day, and the user can select one or more values.

Thank you for your help!

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

To get it horizontal and with the checkboxes you will have to go to the Presentation tab for each of the list boxes and remove the checkmark from Single Column and from the drop-down "Selection Style Override" select Windows Checkboxes. Lastly you must drag the lower-right corner of the list box so it becomes much wider than it is high and it will reformat to a horizontal format instead of vertical.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nihal,

Yes, the dates are already in this model.

I cannot put in the layout of the image that I posted. I need to put a checkbox for each year, month and day, and the user can select one or more values.

Thank you for your help!

Not applicable
Author

Petter,

It´s worked! Thank you so much.