Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data in Table wouldn't pull into front end chart

Hi, everyone-

I want to make sure I am not missing a basic concept.

In my newest Qlikview file, when I ran reload, the # of lines of data  in Table View were as expected..around 500 or so.

However, when I created a front end table object(whether a chart table or simply a  table box), Qlikview only returned a small fraction of the lines - around 25.  Once added the "Line Number" dimension into the "fields displayed" in the object,  I got everything!

Yes, there are definitely some null values in various places throughout the table, but in the original set of dimensions I pulled into the object, there was at least one dimension that didn't have ANY nulls--just like the line number dimension.

So for example:

500 records came in via the script:

Dim1 Dim2 Dim3 Dim 4

But in my front end table box, straight table or pivot table, it only pulled in some of the records:

Dim1 Dim2 Dim3 Dim 4

Dim1 has no null instances

When I added the Line Number Dimension, everything came through

Dim1 Dim2 Dim3 Dim 4 Line No

Is this solely an issue of cleaning up the null values throughout the table? Why did it take adding the line number dimension in order for everythiing to show up?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

While loading the Table into QlikView Script use as below

Table:

Load

RowNo() as ID,

Field1,

Field2

From TableName;

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

I don't know about the straight table, but table box only shows unique combination of rows. So for instance if you have a table like this loaded into QlikView:

Dim1, Dim2

a, b

a, b

a, b

The table box will only show

Dim1, Dim2

a, b

When you added LineNo. the table became

LineNo., Dim1, Dim2

1, a, b

2, a, b

3, a,b

and it will show you all.

HTH

Best,

S

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

While loading the Table into QlikView Script use as below

Table:

Load

RowNo() as ID,

Field1,

Field2

From TableName;

Not applicable
Author

WOW. OF COURSE. I don't know why I keep getting hung up on something so basic as UNIQUE ID!!