Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data model to compare two excel sheet values

Friends,

I have two tables similar to the below sample table,

Screenshot_6.png

The above table is for particular file format (X) and I have another table similarly for another format (Y). I'm having three carriers namely Cargosmart, Hapag Lloyd and Maersk for both X and Y formats. I have the below two requirements in this case,

1. I want to compare the field names (field names can be similar or different in data source for each formats) based on the carriers and get the reused field count. i.e (if the field name is same for two carriers, it is taken into count as reused fields).

2. I also want to compare the field names based on some conditions/columns in the data (Qualifier/Enumeration, Data type, Min Occurs, Max Occurs, Length, M/C/O) i.e (if the field name is same for two carriers, it should check all these conditions and if any one of the conditions varies it should not be included into the count).

Help me guys on how to design a data model for these two scenarios and I've attached the data also.

2 Replies
shun_wong
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Im not too sure if this is what you need but...

You should probably load the two tables in with different field names (i.e. Description1, Description2) to begin with, but with the same name for the Join (Field Name).

After this you can do a Noconcatenate load from this outer joined table, and compare Description1 & Description2 with your your conditions as Description 3.

Apply same logic to all the headers you need, and finally drop your initial temporary table.

Mercurion
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi. Similar issue here. Was it resolved? could you guys ever fix this? thanks for any hint or feedback.