Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date filtering

Hi,

I was filtering Data using date, In which I manage to do that, but I want a table to only show the filtered data.

Please see that attached file, where I am filtering using Daily, so I want my table to only show the daily data.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please check attached file for solution, I added one new column in script to get date in number format.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Remove the expression Filter from the table and replace the previous expression of Total Amount with this ->

if(date(Test_Date,'DD-MM-YYYY')=vFilterTime,Sum(Amount) + Sum(Amount2) + Sum(Amount3),0)

this will give you only today's data. Is this your requirement?

Regards

Apurva

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Apurva

I am trying to avoid using many "IF" statements, since I have other many calculations still to be added, The use of many "IF" statements makes my qvw too slow since I am loading milions of rows

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please check attached file for solution, I added one new column in script to get date in number format.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan

sorry for replying so late, Thank you very much for the solution, it works perfectly and now the qwv is super fast, thanks again

Regards

Edzi

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan

Asking if you can help me again with this?

From the qvd you sent me how can I make the daily button to only display data starting from 6:00 instead of startin from 00:00

Kindly regards

Edzi

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check attached file for solution.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan

It worked, thabk you very much.

Kind regards

Edzi

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan

The last time I posted this I was using an excel file as my data source, and you added

"Num(Test_Date) AS TestDateNum," on the date column,

how can I make it work using SQL table for my data? Im not able to return the columns when I reload if I include that column as you sudgested.

Thanks in advance

Edzi