Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dates in a chart

Hello,

I have an question. When i have a barchart with dates from lets say: september 1st to today. Then i have a lot of dates. More dates that there can be on the barchart.

How can i do so it always no matter what ends on todays date?

Cause I have seen when there is too many dates, sometimes the last date on the chart is not my actual enddate - But it is different from time to time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamwilson
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

once Continuous is ticked go to the Number tab and select Continuous X-axis and format it to a Date

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

First check the sorting that you have on the chart. Make sure that the sorting is such that the dates are in ascending order. This way, you will always get the current date as the last bar. To do this, you can select the option sort by expression and then use an expression like below with the order being ascending.

=Max({1} FiscalDate)

Second, to display the bars properly when you have a lot of bars, use the option below to enable a scroll so that you have acceptable number of bars on the view all the time.

sample9.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Aadil

Not applicable
Author

If i sort Descending (which is the wrong way) i get the newest date. If i sort ascending (which is correct way) i only get dates to like the 22th of november.

By the way i meant linechart. I can only see the newest date if i make my chart bigger (but i dont want to do that)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, either way, if you are able to view the current dates on the right and it goes all the way to your left with dates in descending, i guess that should do fine and with the scroll bar you should be able to scroll to see the entire trend of dates. Do you not?

Not applicable
Author

YES - But i would really like to avoid the scrollbars..... But maybe thats not possible.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, You either show all the dates, or show the current year dates or for any particular period, or you have the scroll bar. I guess, you just have to decide which works out to be good based on what the users will look for mostly out of this chart.

Regards,

Aadil

Not applicable
Author

The problem is - The whole picture is important info - But monthly basis is also. So on a monthly basis there will be no problem. But to see all life time data in the chart will be a problem cause it then cut off dates.

If i set up scrollbars it will work, but how can i set the scrollbar to start at my newest date? Cause when i say for example use scrollbar when exceed of 60 dates. The scrollbar start at the lowest date. Or is that not possible.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Check the "Reversed" box on the picture above.

adamwilson
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

you could tick Continuous on the Axes tab under the Dimension Axis header in Chart properties which will allow you to scale the axes as a continuous numeric so no matter how small you make the chart it will scale to show all values and the date will just roll up to fit accordingly

Not applicable
Author

No affect