cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Default Page

Hi,

I have the 'years' 'Month' column with values,

when the user opens the page, i want The dashboard to display a Default year like '2014' or '2015'.

So that when they open the pae , the page is not slow because of script going through millions of rows.

Instead with the 'Default year' it only looks for that year rows, and thus the page response is faster.

Please help me how to achieve this.

Any inputs are appreciated.

Thanks

10 Replies
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi mis mag

what do you mean with "page"? Show your example so we can find solution for your problem

Beck

Not applicable
Author

I am sorry if i have confused you, but what i mean is 'Year' is a List Box and year values are diplayed on the dashboard like this...  2015  2014  2013 2012 2011 till 1990..

Now when the user opens the dashboard, by default all the years records are processed thus slowing it down..

SO i want it to default to previous year like ''2014' when the user opens the dashboard.

Hope it will add some clarity.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sheet Properties---Triggers--OnActiveSheet--Edit Actions-- Add--Select in Field

1.PNG

2.PNG

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

No problem, lets try together to find the solution for your Problem Mis Mag

so you can use following expression: like : Sum({$<Year={"20*"}>}your Values in Field)

i mean for example: Sum({$<Year={"20*"}>}Values) = so you have only years that beginn with 2015, 2014, 2013

or Sum({$<Year={">1990<2014,2015"}>}Values) = All Year from 1990 until 2014,2015

I hope that helps

Beck

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Mis Mag

Did you solved your issue?

Beck

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

In general, save your application in the state you want it to be opened. Save the selection you want to apply on opening the document.

One way to limit slow chart objects can be to enable a Calculation Condition on the object, see chart properties' General tab for the setting.This means that a criteria defined by you will have to be fulfilled before the chart is rendered. For example you could have a criteria that require a selection in the Year field, by for example =Count(Year)<3 which means there must be 2 or less possible years for the chart to calculated.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Mis Mag,

You need to create an 'OnOpen; document Trigger, that makes a selection in the field 'Year', you could hard code in to use a specific year e.g 2014 OR use something like =(max(Year)-1) as the search string that you use

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'd rather use =year(ReloadTime())-1 to define the previous year, in case if there are years in future in the list.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Or even =Year(today())-1