Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Delete row if both actual and target values are zero

Hi Gurus,

I have a question. In a straight table, there are 5 columns.

Column 1 merged column - Sales,

Column 2 is subcategory for internal sales(again a merged column)- has two values internal sales and external sales

Column 3 metric metric under each subcategory such paints, soaps, fertilizers etc.

Now when both month actual and month target are both 0 & 0, i dont want to show them or in short i want to delete those columns or not show them whichever is convenient. I believe I can achieve this in expressions by using if condition but since columns are merged, deletion looks like a problem.

So, how can i achieve this ?

In the example below, soap and detergent are both 0 and 0, i want to not show them.

18 Replies
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Did you apply Massimo Grossi's advice?

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Yes I did. I suppressed 0 and checked. Didnt help.

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Hi Malay

It is showing the zero rows because of your picture column.

Please change the if condition to the following

=IF(Column(2)>Column(3),'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_g.png',if(Column(2)<Column(3),'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_r.png'))

HTH

Sasi

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi malaykhanwalkar

Please use this in status Expression. Hope this is what you are expecting.

=if([Quarter Actual]<>0 and [Quarter Target]<>0 or [Quarter Actual]>[Quarter Target],'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_g.png',

if([Quarter Actual]<>0 and [Quarter Target]<>0 ,'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_r.png'))

Capture.JPG

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Hi Malay,

Did you manage to fix your problem? if yes then please close this thread by marking the correct answer

Sasi

Not applicable
Author

Thank you QlikViewWizard and Sasidhar !

Not applicable
Author

One more Quick Question qlikviewwizard@qlikviewwizard‌ and sasidhar

How to identify when Q1 is selected, meaning when only Q1 is selected in list box, the table should show same value for monthly actual and quarter actual since it is Q1. What is happening  is 10167 should be monthly actual and 10167 should be Quarter actual also, but in my case quarterly actual just multiplies into 3 and shows.

Whereas when month is selected, it should correctly

What I will do is, put an if condition to check, if Q1 is selected, i will make monthly actual = quarter actual else the existing logic remains

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi malaykhanwalkar

Very happy to help you.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi malaykhanwalkar

Please start a new thread for this as this is new query. Thank you.