Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Difference between Qlikview Desktop and Qlik Sense Desktop?

What is the Difference between Qlikview Desktop and Qlik Sense Desktop?

would you please confirm my answer if it is Yes/No?

1. Qlikview and Qlik Sense are two differnet products? Y/N ?

2. Qlik Sense is a new version of the Qlikview ? ? Y/N ?

3. Can i use any product Qlikview or Qlik sense to get the same objectives and result ? Y/N?

4. Qlikview Desktop is only used for ONLY one user just to train and explore the product feature ? Y/N?

5. Qlikview Enterprise  is only used for MULTI Users environment and ONLY used for production environment with muli users access ? Y/N?

6. Qlik Sense Desktop is only used for ONLY one user just to train and explore the product feature ? Y/N?

7. Qlik Sense  Enterprise  is only used for MULTI Users environment and ONLY used for production environment with muli users access ? Y/N?

Thanks
Ashraf Omar

3 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

1. Qlikview and Qlik Sense are two differnet products?Yes

they both share the same associative engine for selection and data build

but thier UI is completely different  

2. Qlik Sense is a new version of the Qlikview ? No,

as stated above , there are things you can do in Qlikview ,you can't do in qlik sense and the other way around

3. Can i use any product Qlikview or Qlik sense to get the same objectives and result ?Maybe

i'll say probably yes, but the right way is to define what you want to achieve and than select the right tool

4. Qlikview Desktop is only used for ONLY one user just to train and explore the product feature ?Yes

if you don't have license , you can't share apps between users

5. Qlikview Enterprise  is only used for MULTI Users environment and ONLY used for production environment with muli users access ? Y/N?

Qlikview enterprise is the solution for organization to use qlikview in secure and managed way

6. Qlik Sense Desktop is only used for ONLY one user just to train and explore the product feature ? Y/N?

you , can share apps between users, but you can't use security on the data in the models

7. Qlik Sense  Enterprise  is only used for MULTI Users environment and ONLY used for production environment with muli users access ? Y/N?

the same as in qlikview enterprise

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Ashraf,

Have a look at this thread for a very clear and good explanation on differences between QlikView and Qlik Sense: What is difference between Qlik Sense & QV Desktop client?

Hope this helps

- Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hello,

Check out

QlikView and Qlik Sense

This will be helpful,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”