Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Different tabs,different data sources

Hi,

I am new to QlikView.I have 3-4 excel files(some have same fields as well). I want each tab in qlikview using each of these excel file as data source. So I would like to know:

1.How to I import multiple excel files into QlikView and.

2. How do I make each tab having different data sources.

Thanks in Advance.

10 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

I can think of two different approaches.

If there is no physical relationship between thees files then loading all 4 tables without linking each other will surve the purpose.

If there is any logical connection I would suggest you to go with alternate states.

http://community.qlik.com/message/639498#639498

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hello Swetha,

Make sure your data are clean such that your if you have common fields in the 4 different table they should have same name and if you are using lowercase in naming it should be universal for all the four tables.

If you are pulling data from Excel its better you do the cleansing in your table but if its SQL pull and save to QVD or back to excel so you can manipulate.

Hope this help

Not applicable
Author

I need similar graphs in both the tabs and I have copied the whole sheet.Now I would want the second sheet have a different source.How do I change data source for the second tab?

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If Excel files have the same structure then you can use a routine to load them otherway I suggest to load files one by one (you can use the button "Table File" in the script section)

The script to load all files is:

let path_Pallet = '..\..\qlik\MyFiles_*.xlsx';

for each File in filelist (path_Pallet)
  myTab:
LOAD

field1,

field2,

FROM $(File) (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Foglio1);
next File

Probably files have common fields, in this case there will be relations among the source files, if this is right then in each tab add a chart (straight table for example), then select the table you want to read and add fields.

let me know

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

If you have same structure then I would prefer to concatenate this with Flags.

So that you can use flag to change source.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

How do I change datasource for a tab.

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

When you load define a name for the table:

MyTable:

load * from ...

then in your table, on the left and bottom there is a list box: "Select  fields from table", there you can select your table

Not applicable
Author

Hello Swetha,

Include a new connection string to the new table.

Rgds

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Guys I found the way. I was making changes in the script as u mentioned. But I was not able to see those tables in Field values. The only mistake I was doing was, I didnt click on "RELOAD". After changing the script, pressing "Reload" will solve the problem.