Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eliran
Creator III
Creator III

Disable sort on selection on multibox

Hi,

Simple question for you guys.

I have a multibox that one of the dimensionsis YearMonth. The problem is when the user makes a selection the sorting blows away.

Is there a way I can disable the auto sorting after the selection and keep the original sort order?

Thanks.

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Go to the multibox Properties, Sort, and uncheck the "Status" box. Now it should respect the original order.

Hope this helps

eliran
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for replying, however I Can't seem to find something called 'status' in the sort.

The only flags I got there is State and Text, no matter how I played with all these flags I couldn't succeed.

Regards.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I meant State (by default as "Auto Ascending"). If you uncheck that, the selected value will not be shown at the top of the drop down, but depending on the other Sort options. Say you are selecting "HH Company", autoascending is disabled and Text is enabled A -> Z. You will see, regardless the selection ordered alphabetically all companies greyed, except for te selection you did, so you have to scroll down to see your selection.

eliran
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Miguel, thanks, but it doesn't seem to work and I cant figure out why.

When I take a textual field it does work, once i change it to the YearMonth field it does not.

Maybe I can use something with an expression? Because the field is combined from 2 other fields (Year-Month) and maybe the QV can't handle it well.

It's frustrating..

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Is YearMonth a calculated dimension using two already existent fields? If so, create a field for that purpose in your master calendar.

If not, uncheck all "Sort by" options and click on Expression, and set the name of the date field from the YearMonth field comes from.

Hope this helps.

eliran
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Miguel, I'm afraid still no go with both of your suggestions.

The YearMonth is being created in the making of the calendar with Year&'-'&Month.

It keeps getting sorted by state no matter what I do.

Is there any other definition someplace else maybe that interfere with the settings?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Not applicable

I am having the same issue. Were you ever able to resolve this? It is frustrating. I even loaded a custom sort and pull that into the Expression.

Not applicable

I have it working now, but I'm not sure if it will stay that way. I created the sort order I wanted with no selection. Closed out of the List Box Properties, went back into the Properties, unselected all Sorts, and closed back out of the List Box Properties. It now works the way I want.