Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Disappearing dimensions in pivot table depending on selection

I have a pivot table showing the opportunities for our sales people. It shows things like Sales Rep, Client Company, Product Name, Lead Source, etc. All of the fields come from the same table (OppMgr) in my SQL database, and they are all read into the same table (OMTable) in my QV script.

However, when I pick two of 13 possible reps, only four dimensions show up, while if I pick the other 11, all of the dimensions I've designed into the pivot table show up. Not one dimension has an attribute like "Suppress if Null" or "Show all values" selected. There are no background or text conditionals set.

I'm at a loss to figure this out. Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

What do you know.. it's been figured out.

The two reps who had the issue are both Junior Sales Reps, and they don't have any 'assigned' accounts. One of the dimensions was the "Last Call Date by Assigned Rep" which was (basically)

select max(CallDate) where (CallerID=AssignedRep and CallType IN (Call, Mail, Sale))

For the two Juniors, this dimension was uniformly null, and although I was unaware earlier today, I now understand that if one dimension is always Null, no further dimensions are shown. I edited the select to add an "IsNull" condition, and everything is perfect now.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

What do you know.. it's been figured out.

The two reps who had the issue are both Junior Sales Reps, and they don't have any 'assigned' accounts. One of the dimensions was the "Last Call Date by Assigned Rep" which was (basically)

select max(CallDate) where (CallerID=AssignedRep and CallType IN (Call, Mail, Sale))

For the two Juniors, this dimension was uniformly null, and although I was unaware earlier today, I now understand that if one dimension is always Null, no further dimensions are shown. I edited the select to add an "IsNull" condition, and everything is perfect now.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming...