Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display Conditional dimensions

I have a table and set of pivot dimensions in some list boxes (See attached) .

I have given the condition:

GetSelectedCount (C_dimension) > 0 OR GetSelectedCount(S_dimension) > 0  OR GetSelectedCount(M_dimension) > 0 OR GetSelectedCount(P_dimension) > 0

for the table in calculation condition field in the 'General' tab of table properties. And with a condition like

=SubStringCount('|' & Concat(distinct C_dimension, '|') & '|', '|Customer|')

for every dimension in the 'enable conditional' option.

All the columns are getting displayed in the table when I did not select any pivot dimension from the list box. (Attached scenario displays all the dimensions from 1st ,2nd 4th list boxes even when they are not selected. For this scenario I want to display 'Material' and corresponding expressions 'Total Sales E' , 'Total Sales Y' only. It should not display un-selected dimensions from other list boxes ).

I read the dimensions from the following script.

CustomerDimensions:

LOAD * INLINE [C_dimension

Customer

Business Area

Country

Profit Center

Region

];

SalesDocDimensions:

LOAD * INLINE [S_dimension

Sales Office

Sales Order

Currency

Sales Order Item

];

MaterialDimensions:

LOAD * INLINE [M_dimension

Material

MaterialDescription

MUG Header

Material Category

MUG

NKE

];

PeriodicalDimensions:

LOAD * INLINE [P_dimension

Week

Year

Month

];

I want the table not to display columns which i don't select. Should show some message if i don't select any dimension at all.

TIA,

James

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Your calculation condition for the chart can be this

GetSelectedCount (C_dimension) > 0 OR GetSelectedCount(S_dimension) > 0  OR GetSelectedCount(M_dimension) > 0 OR GetSelectedCount(P_dimension) > 0

and then for individual dimensions, you can try one of the two options as proposed above

1) =SubStringCount('|' & Concat(distinct C_dimension, '|') & '|', '|Customer|') and GetSelectedCount (C_dimension) > 0

or

2) =SubStringCount('|' & GetFieldSelections(C_dimension, '|') & '|', '|Customer|')

View solution in original post

10 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Use GetFieldSelections rather than Concat:

=Index('|' & GetFieldSelections(C_dimension, '|', 40) & '|', ',|Customer|,')

Concat() returns all the values if nothing is selected, but GetFieldSelections() has the required behaviour.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

GetFieldSelections returns none even after selecting one dimension from each list box. It displays expressions alone.

Please help.

-James

tracysmart
Creator II
Creator II

Hi James

I do exactly the same thing in my app and this expression works fine for me in the Enable Condition of one of the dimensions (changing the 'TAC' part accordingly for each dimension)

=SubStringCount(Concat(_DimensionID, '|'), 'TAC')

so yours would be

=SubStringCount(Concat(C_dimension, '|'), 'Customer')

Does this work for you?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

as Jonathan answered this will get you all values of the Dimension if nothing is selected

enhance your part by GetSelectedCount (C_dimension) > 0 and it works even if None is selected

=(GetSelectedCount (C_dimension) > 0) and (SubStringCount(Concat(C_dimension, '|'), 'Customer')>0)

Not applicable
Author

Unlucky !

I already tried it Tracy !!

I guess there is a gap between my 'calculation condition' and 'Enable conditional' , isn't it ??

-James

Not applicable
Author

I am not able to get your answer Rudolf.

You mean to enhance my 'calculation condition' from GetSelectedCount (C_dimension) > 0   to  (GetSelectedCount (C_dimension) > 0)

and 'Enable Conditional' from SubStringCount('|' & Concat(distinct C_dimension, '|') & '|', '|Customer|')

to (SubStringCount(Concat(C_dimension, '|'), 'Customer')>0)

Am i right ?

-James

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

no you Need to add the complet Expression for each column in enable condition

=(GetSelectedCount (C_dimension) > 0) and (SubStringCount(Concat(C_dimension, '|'), 'Customer')>0)

calculation condition will allow you to Show or not to show the Chart, while enable condition allows you to control each single column one by one

as I understood you want to control the behaviour in a table. you select a value from your dimensions and this column should be displayed and not others which are not selected

sunny_talwar

Your calculation condition for the chart can be this

and then for individual dimensions, you can try one of the two options as proposed above

1) =SubStringCount('|' & Concat(distinct C_dimension, '|') & '|', '|Customer|') and GetSelectedCount (C_dimension) > 0

or

2) =SubStringCount('|' & GetFieldSelections(C_dimension, '|') & '|', '|Customer|')

Not applicable
Author

Perfect !

Thank you so much Sunny ! The MAN !! (Y)

Following combo worked.

calculation condition:

Individual dimensions:

=SubStringCount('|' & Concat(distinct C_dimension, '|') & '|', '|Customer|') and GetSelectedCount (C_dimension) > 0

-James