Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display one single record

Hi

I have a table with columns A, B, C, D, E, F and G.

Now I want to display just one record for specific value in A in such a way other filters on the same sheet do not work on this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

That's actually relatively simple! Just replace your sum(B) with Sum({<A={1}>}B), sum(C) with =Sum({<A={1}>}C), etc. The Qlikview help tab has an excellent page on Set Analysis that I recommend reading for similar problems.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

That's a tough one. I've had similar-sounding problems and had to resort to lengthy set expressions. Can you give a little more detail as to what the situation is?

Not applicable
Author

Sure,

I have table (excel sheet uploaded in Qlikview) that contains many data fields.

This problem focuses on few data fields - A,B,C,D and E.

Column A is basically a scenario column (where value 1 is default scenario value) and other columns are regular number data fields.

Sample data looks like this:

ABCDE

There will be a scenario drop down list that contains different column A values, in this example it will be 1,2,3 where 1 is default value.

This drop down list will act as a filter and we will get all the values for the specific scenario that we select so far its easy.

But for the purpose of comparing different scenario's I need to display default scneario values that do not change with filter selection i.e. default scenario (Column A value =1) should always be displayed irrespective of scenario filter we apply.

Please find the QlikView file.

Not applicable
Author

That's actually relatively simple! Just replace your sum(B) with Sum({<A={1}>}B), sum(C) with =Sum({<A={1}>}C), etc. The Qlikview help tab has an excellent page on Set Analysis that I recommend reading for similar problems.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Will it be possible if you can explain me the logic behind this expression.

thanks

Not applicable
Author

This is pretty basic set analysis. Again, I can't stress strongly enough how good an idea it is to click 'help' and type 'Set Analysis' and then read the help info that Qlikview provides.

Basically, the outer {} is a set statement. It is telling Qlikview to 'compute this equation where the statement inside the {} is true'. <> is a subset statement. It allows you to chain together multiple set statements. The most common example of this is Sum({$<A={1}>}C), which is 'The sum of all C where A = 1 and '$', which means 'current selections apply'.

The inner {} is another set statement, but in this case it's the possible values that A can take. If you wanted to take the sum of A=1 and A=2, it'd be Sum({$<A={1,2}>}C). Hope this helps!