Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Displaying List Results of Logical OR Selection

Howdy again from Texas!

New problem. I've seen a few posts concerning Logical OR functionality within listbox. or multiple listbox, selections, but nothing that seems (at least on the surface) to cover what I'm looking to do.

I have a list of Donors that have given over the last 30 years.

I want to select the list of [Donor ID] who either:

have a [Created Date] >= (greater than, equal to) 7 years from the day the list is being pulled OR have a [Last Contributed Date] >= (greater than, equal to) 7 years from the day the list is being pulled.

Is this possible?

7 Replies
mikael_bjaveclo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Load [Donor ID]
From Donors.qvd (QVD)
Where Age(Now(), [Created Date]) >= 7 OR Age(Now(), [Last Contributed Date]) >= 7;

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Where you want to Select this. Do you mean Calendar?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

You are looking to do this in the script?

mikael_bjaveclo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Sorry, didn't read the question properly.in my earlier answer.

Maybe.this expresion in the listbox

=If(Age(Now(), [Created Date]) >= 7 OR Age(Now(), [Last Contributed Date]) >= 7, DonorID)

is what You are trying to do?

You can change Now() to any Date value.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'd like to select this in the workspace, not in the script if possible.

I'm using the same Data to generate multiple other answers, but need option to turn "On" or "Off" this selection.

So using a button or Check box that can be activated to select the particular values is important. I'm applying a number of other filters that are simple selections, and ultimately I will be created a bookmark with all of the selections made, but I need to include this functionality as an option when needed in other Ad-Hoc reports.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, in the workspace preferably. See my reply to Anil above.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Looking to avoid doing this in the script because I'm using other donors for different applications.