Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Doubt with expression

Dears,

Actually I have this expression in my bar chart.

=SUM({<UNIQUE_FLAG={1}>}([Labour Hours]*[Labor Rate])*pick(match([Currency],'EUR','USD','BRL'),EUR,USD,BRL))

But I would like to insert the creteria (IF) to sum only if the column [Status Claim] contains the valeu "Open", "Closed", or "Submitted". If the value was "Cancelled" they should not sum the value of this line.

How can I do it?

In excel it would be somehitng like: Sumif or Sumifs

Thanks for your attention

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

sorry,

I copied a bit more than I should from your original expression:

=

SUM({<UNIQUE_FLAG={1}, [Status Claim]-={Cancelled}>}([Labour Hours]*[Labor Rate])*pick(match([Currency]

,'EUR','USD','BRL'),EUR,USD,BRL))

View solution in original post

7 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

if it is already on your chart,

you can just write:

=if ( [Status Claim] <> 'Cancelled', sum(Value),0)

Not applicable
Author

Where should I write it?

At the script manager?
Expression writer? If so, what should I do with my other expression, the one I sent you before?

Not applicable
Author

I tried: =if([Status Claim] <> 'Cancelled', SUM({<UNIQUE_FLAG={1}>}([Labour Hours]*[Labor Rate])*pick(match([Currency],'EUR','USD','BRL'),EUR,USD,BRL)),0) and it didn't worked... continue showing the same number as shown in the previos expression I sent you!

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I understood the ([Status Claim] was one of many of your expressions in your table.

If it is a field on your model, you can include another condition on set analysis:

SUM({<UNIQUE_FLAG={1}, [Status Claim] -={Cancelled}>}([Labour Hours]*[Labor Rate])*pick(match([Currency],'EUR','USD','BRL'),EUR,USD,BRL)),0)

Not applicable
Author

it's giving the error: Garbage after ","

when I tried to use the follow expression

=SUM({<UNIQUE_FLAG={1}, [Status Claim] -={Cancelled}>}([Labour Hours]*[Labor Rate])*pick(match([Currency],'EUR','USD','BRL'),EUR,USD,BRL)),0)

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

sorry,

I copied a bit more than I should from your original expression:

=

SUM({<UNIQUE_FLAG={1}, [Status Claim]-={Cancelled}>}([Labour Hours]*[Labor Rate])*pick(match([Currency]

,'EUR','USD','BRL'),EUR,USD,BRL))

Not applicable
Author

I've fixed the problem and now it's working.

Thanks for your help!