Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill Down not working

Hi,

i have a question,

I have create group dimension contain two expression, there are :

The first one is

=if(................<>'A' and ................<>'B', PLACE) ----> if 'field value' not A and B then show PLACE dimension.

The second one is

=if(................<>'A' and ................<>'B', NAME) ----> if 'field value' not A and B then show NAME dimension.

both PLACE and NAME will be grouped into one group dimension called PLACE_NAME dimension.

When i use PLACE_NAME dimension on my straight table, it can't be drilled. When i click the PLACE, it is not change to NAME dimension, Anybody knows how to solve this problem ?

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Are Places and Names are hierarchically related? I mean a Place has some names under it? The data should be like Year -> Quarter -> Month or Category -> Sub Category -> Product etc. so that drill down/up works.

Regards,

KKR

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kran,

Yes Kran, Every PLACE has NAME lets say PLACE A. In PLACE A there will be more than one NAME.

But when i click Place A, it's not change to NAME dimension. Do you see any problem in my "IF Expression" ?

Because when i use another group dimension, the drill down works perfectly.

Another group dimension contain two expression like this:

=if(....................='A' or .....................='B', PLACE)

the second one is:

=if(....................='A' or .....................='B', NAME)

the difference only on (= sign) and (<> sign)

Thanks

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi INdra,

use Cyclic Group instead

If You click in

ImmagineOK1.png

You have same behavior of Drill Group

If You click in

ImmagineNoOK.png

You have List

Regards,

Antonio

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Indra,

Create new fields in script with the conditions, and then use those fields in the Dimension Group then this will work.  If you attach sample file it would be easier to analyse and provide the solution.

Regards,

jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for your suggestion, but i need to use drill down group, because when i click PLACE A that has amount 1000 ,it will change to NAME dimension that has total amount 1000.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Sorry, unfortunately i cant attach the sample file. But ii think the problem is on my expression. Are there any problem with my conditional expression ?

=if(................<>'A' and ................<>'B', PLACE)

Are there any syntax that can be used to define 'not like' beside <> sign?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I have created two drill-down groups with some sample data and the given expressions, they worked. Just a basic test, do you have NAMEs whose field value is not A and B under the PLACEs whose field value is not A and B.

And why you are using and condition? Though it worked for the data I have taken, It doesn't make sense for me.

Regards,

KKR

Not applicable
Author

Did you check the data and condition as per the above reply?

Regards,

KKR