Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill-down problem

Hi guys,

I usually experience this strange drill-down behavior of Qlikview: if the drill-down operation results in only one available value, it is skipped and drill-down continues on the lower levels.

Examples are in screenshots:

This is the initial situation. There this this group TIME which includes all the time related fields starting from YEAR and finishing with SECOND:

error loading image

When I click on the year 2008 Qlikview does a normal drill-down and obviously moves down to the MONTH level:

error loading image

But, if instead of 2008 I choose 2007 where I have only 3 values in total what I get is this:

error loading image

As you can see Qlikview skips all the levels where there is only one available element to show. So, the first level where 2 elements are found is HOUR. And this is where the drill-down stops. There is no way I can see the MONTH level on the chart if 2007 is selected.

Am I missing something? Are there solutions?

Thanks!

Valera

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi, do you know if this was ever resolved. I am having the same issue in version 11. I have only one available value that I want to summarize on but give the user the option to drill down to the accounts making up this value.

Because there is only one value that is summarised on, it is skipping and drill down is showing the lowest level, so 2,500 accounts. Which is not of much use.

thanks

Pete

FranAgraz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rainer!

What could I do to prevent this from happening?

Thank you very much

Francisco