Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phcaptjim
Creator
Creator

Dynamic What-If Analysis using variables

I have a question about dynamic WHAT-IF analysis using variables.  Here is what I am hoping to accomplish.

Using the chart below, I want to say WHAT IF MEAS_1 was always 1, how many providers would be at a total of 3?  I would also want to ask what if MEAS_1 and MEAS_2 were both 1, how many providers would be at a total of 3.  Perhaps have the user select which measures to check. I'm sure there is a way to accomplish this in QVW, I have just not figured it out yet.  Any ideas?

PROVDATEMEAS_1MEAS_2MEAS_3

TOTAL

A1/1/20131113
B1/1/20131001
C1/1/20130011
D1/1/20130000
E1/1/20130112

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

This is quite similar to the question you asked here, right? The solutions provided should work (it might get a bit more tricky if you want to prepare for multiple set measures in a script solution).

Given the suggested solution for a dynamic approach:

=sum(-1 * (MEASURE_2='Y') * (MEASURE_3='Y') * (MEASURE_4='Y') )

You can try creating a variable that creates the string

(MEASURE_2='Y') * (MEASURE_3='Y') * (MEASURE_4='Y')

based on user selecting the Measures to be assumed 'Y' (So all others should be used for the string).

phcaptjim
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes Swuehl.  The static solution works well using the expression you suggested with Sum * -1 to get the answer, my trouble lies with having the user make the selections.  I like your suggestion though and will try and implement.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

It all burns down to creating a field that contains all your Measure field names (e.g. called Measures), then use something like

=sum( concat({1-$} Measures, ' * ') )

See attached sample.