Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Words Based on Selection

Hi everybody!

Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I need to make the words in a text box change based on the user's selection. I have a master calendar that links fiscal year, fiscal quarter, and fiscal month with my data. I need the words to represent the selection. So if a user selects 2014, the words need to say 2014. If the user selects March and 2014, the words need to say Mar-14 (like how it's formatted in my FiscalMonthYear column in my master calendar), and so on and so forth. I've tried these possibilities and have gotten the following results:

//displays -1 =if(([Fiscal Year] or FiscalMonthYear or FiscalQuarter or FiscalQuarterYear or FiscalMonth), (FiscalYear or FiscalMonthYear or FiscalQuarter or FiscalQuarterYear or FiscalMonth), '-')

// displays - =GetFieldSelections(FiscalMonthYear)

// displays - =if(GetFieldSelections(FiscalMonthYear), FiscalMonthYear)

// displays -1 =[Fiscal Year] or FiscalMonth or FiscalMonthYear or FiscalQuarter or FiscalQuarterYear

//displays -1 =if([Fiscal Year], [Fiscal Year]) or if(FiscalMonthYear, FiscalMonthYear)

// displays -1 =if(isnull(FiscalMonthYear or [Fiscal Year] or FiscalMonth or FiscalQuarter or FiscalQuarterYear),'Fiscal Period', FiscalMonthYear or [Fiscal Year] or FiscalMonth or FiscalQuarterYear or FiscalQuarter)

//= displays - GetFieldSelections(FiscalMonthYear or [Fiscal Year] or FiscalMonth or FiscalQuarter or FiscalQuarterYear)

//displays -1 =if([Fiscal Year] or FiscalMonthYear or FiscalQuarter or FiscalQuarterYear or FiscalMonth, FiscalYear or FiscalMonthYear or FiscalQuarter or FiscalQuarterYear or FiscalMonth, '-')

// displays year =if([Fiscal Year] or FiscalMonthYear, [Fiscal Year] , FiscalMonthYear)

Thanks in advance for your help!

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

There are 2013, 2014, and 2015.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hm, don't know what's causing this. Could you upload a small sample QVW?