Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pero2208
Contributor
Contributor

Dynamic migration of Qlikview straight tables (object) into Excel

Hi Everyone,

I urgently need a help over a script I'm writing, I'm also new to macro and qlikview. I intend to migrate about 60 straight tables (objects) from qlikview into just one excel sheet. I've manually imported the objects into the excel sheet, created a range in excel for each of the objects, with the intention that each object will be in the already created range each time the macro is run in a predetermined sequence. I've also change the object id of each of the objects to match the range in excel.  I intend to have the an excel sheet opened and cleared each time the script is run, but want to maintain the previously created ranges, and migrate the tables into those ranges dynamically in the right sequence. Please see below the part of the script that need updating. Thanks  

Objects = SourceQVW.Sheets("QVSheet").GetSheetObjects

For i = lBound(Objects) To uBound(Objects)

object(i).CopyTableToClipboard TRUE

ExcelSheet.vTable.pastespecial

next

End

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pero2208
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your response, It's all sorted now. It's such a very complicated MACRO to write anyway, but I'm glad it's all sorted now. Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Not sure if you have the QlikView API QVW or not, here is a link to that from the Help site:

QlikView API Guide App 

It is just a QVW file with all the available QlikView APIs you can use.  Afraid I am not much help on the Excel APIs, Microsoft may be the better place to get help on that side of things.  I know there have been a fair number of Excel export macro posts lately, so if you have not searched, I would recommend doing that too as you may find what you need that way too.  Sorry I do not have anything better.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
pero2208
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your response, It's all sorted now. It's such a very complicated MACRO to write anyway, but I'm glad it's all sorted now. Thanks