Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic variables

Hi there,

I am trying to display our contact database through QlikView on a google map. So far, this works fine.

All contacts have  a business segement associated e.g .Mr. Smith, Automotive, Ms. Miller, Aerospace, etc.

How can I autmatically apply different colors to each business segement. So far I did an IF clause like

if (Category='Automotive',rgb(200,0,0),rgb(0,200,0))

How can I have Qlikview do this automatically?

cheers

Jay

2 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can associate a color with each business segment already in the Load script, and then use this in charts. See http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2012/12/04/colors-in-charts

HIC

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you have a small set of categories (less than 20) you can use something like color(fieldindex('Category',Category)).

If you have more categories then assigning colors in the script is a far better option. But there's a good chance some categories will have very similar colors and it will be hard to distinguish them. Using colors in that case is of limited value. It may just create a display that's colorful, but cluttered and hard to understand.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand