Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wuensche
Contributor II
Contributor II

Inputbox/variable for dynamic selection of a table

Hello,

I need some help.

I want to do following:

I want to do a Inputbox, where I want write a value (example: -9,5) and then the chart (tablediagram )should show only the values which are greather then the inputvalue.

The chart have different functions and I have to use this inputvalue only in one function.

The value should set as Default.

Does anyone have an idea how I can do this?

Kind regards

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi @wuensche, you can do it using an if, it depends it you can use it on the expression (on each expression) or in dimension.

In expression: If(Expression>$(variableName), Expression)

In dimension: Aggr(If(Expression>$(variableName), DimensionFieldName), DimensionFieldName)

wuensche
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @rubenmarin , thansk for your  help.

Basically it works for the function. But how can i realize it now, that the sum expression also make a sum of all column-values  and group them as a total for one dimension. I have to use a tablebox because I have to sort the column values ascending, which doesn't work in a pivotable

I hope you understand it.

Example

Market A - 5

Market A -6

TOTAL  11

Market B -4

market B -6

TOTAL 10

rubenmarin

Hi, I don't really understand your needs. You want to add a row for the totals?

You can add totals for a straight table in the dimension limits tab. Also note that a pivot table can be sorted ascending, maybe you need to use the option to sort using an expression.

For the expression to work on total you have to make a change, to validate condition for each row, the expression can be:

Sum(Aggr(If(Expression>$(variableName), Expression), DimensionField))

wuensche
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I know it is difficult to explain. I want to show you in a more complex example:

exampleexample

It should be sorted Expr4 and the Sum value (Total)) should be calculate for all values of DIm A

I know, i have to the expressions with sum(aggr, if...).  It works also. But is it possible to get the Sum of the Expressions aggregate to Dim A?

kind regards