Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michelivor
Contributor III
Contributor III

EDX and what is needed

Hi,

I have a question regarding using EDX. I have used EDX functionality before in an EDX prepared environment but never made the setup my self. Thus, I need some advice how to set up our QV server so we can use EDX.

What we want is to create a load button for the users in applications.

If I understand it right I need at leaste a file called EDX.exe and I need to create user Group for the user how should using the EDX functionality.

Earlier I have used a .bat file for executing the QMC task, bu it is some years ago so I don´t realy remeber exactly how it was done.

Anyone who can advice? A step by step instruction if someone have?

We don't run publisher

Brg

//M

7 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe this page can be helpful. Especially for outlining what "EDX" really is and how it works in a QV11 environment:

Using EDX in QlikView 11

omkarvamsi
Creator
Creator

Hi Michel,

1.In Real time,

a 3rd party tool will be available (for example CA Automation).This tool will be configured in such a way to trigger      the batch file .bat.

2.this .bat will have a below syntax which will execute the QMS EDX-->QMS API-->trigger task.

"<FilePath>\QMSEDX.exe" -task="<TASKNAME>" -password=XXXX

3.Filepath is the path on the server where QMSEDX in located.TASKNAME: this is the name of the task to be triggered in qmc(note:this is case sensitive).password: it should be given during task creation.(the password option will be available when task in created on on external event.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Regards

OM

omkarvamsi
Creator
Creator

please see the attached sample batch file

michelivor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thx Peter,

michelivor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thx Omkar

michelivor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thx Omkar,

That´s one of the things I relly needed. 😉

michelivor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Are there differenses if the user uses IE-Plugin or Ajax. I read at Codeplex (Stefan Walther) "It is quite easy to reload a current QlikView document if you are using the IE-Plugin or QlikView Desktop."

Anyone who can advice?

Brg

/M