Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III

'Edit Module' popping up upon Macro Execution

Hello,

I have incorporated a macro written by tamilarasu to export all tables in a sheet in one of my apps which I found in this link. The macro is exporting the tables to excel fine but after running, the 'Edit Module' box keeps popping up. I have read in some threads that this is caused due to some error in the macro. Please help me to identify if there's any mistake in the macro that I'm using:

sub exportToExcel

'==============================================================

' File Path & Name

Path = "C:\temp\"

FileName = "Test_"

strSaveFile = Path & FileName

'Open Excel

set oXL=CreateObject("Excel.Application")

oXL.visible=True

oXL.Workbooks.Add

aSheetObj=Array("CH391","CH392","CH393","CH394","CH395")  ' Chart ID's here

for i=0 to UBound(aSheetObj)

Set oSH = oXL.ActiveSheet

num_rows = oSH.UsedRange.Rows.Count

If num_rows = 1  then

oSH.Range("A2").Select   

Else

oSH.Range("A" & num_rows+4).Select

End If

Set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(aSheetObj(i))

obj.CopyTableToClipboard True

oSH.Paste

sCaption=obj.GetCaption.Name.v

set obj=Nothing 

oSH.Cells.Select

oSH.Columns("A").ColumnWidth = 12.17

oSH.Columns("B").ColumnWidth = 12.17

If num_rows = 1  then

oSH.Range("A" & num_rows).Value = sCaption

oSH.Range("A" & num_rows).Font.Bold = True

'oSH.Range("A" & num_rows).Font.ColorIndex = 3

oSH.Range("A" & num_rows).Interior.ColorIndex = 40

Else

oSH.Range("A" & num_rows+3).Value  = sCaption

oSH.Range("A" & num_rows+3).Font.Bold = True

'oSH.Range("A" & num_rows+3).Font.ColorIndex = 3

oSH.Range("A" &num_rows+3).Interior.ColorIndex = 40

End If

'oXL.Selection.Columns.AutoFit 

next

oSH.Range("A1").Select

oXL.Sheets("Sheet2").Delete 

oXL.Sheets("Sheet3").Delete 

oSH.Name = "Data"

oXL.ActiveWorkBook.SaveAs strSaveFile & ActiveDocument.Evaluate("date(Now(), 'DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss')") & ".xlsx"

set oSH = Nothing   

set oXL=Nothing

end sub

I already enabled 'Allow system access' and 'System Access' along with Allow Macro Override from Document Settings, but this still happens.

tamilarasu‌ Kindly help me out here. I'm attching my app to the post. You can find the macro button in the tab titled 'Tables'. Thanks in advance!

17 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Replacing the path and removing the colons from the evaluate works for me (Excel 2010): exports the workbook and saves it with the date. No module popup. Verify as mentioned the paths and permissions.

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Looks like something is wrong with my folder permissions. I have done as you both suggested but my excel file is not getting saved, is opening as a temp file titled 'Book1' and the popup keeps coming up. I have checked the folder permissions and I have full control for the folder too. Really weird. Thanks for the efforts mbaeyens‌ and olivierrobin‌. Guess I'll have to make do with no macros

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Phalgun,

Oliver and Miguel has already pointed out the issues. Below attached file is working for me. Make sure you change the below path and allow "System access" in module security. If you still have any issues let us know.

Capture.PNG

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks tamilarasu‌ for the original macro as well as the help on this question! Really really valuable macro that you have there. I'm sure it has helped a lot of people till now.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Ha ha. I'm glad you liked it . That was posted couple of years ago. If you want to do some formatting you can find the code by googling. If you need any help feel free to tag me. I will try my level best to help you.

BTW, is it working for you now?

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes. It's weirdly working now that I'm saving the files to desktop. Guess my permissions are different from what I see for the folders I was trying to save in earlier. Thanks a lot!

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Great, Phalgun. Have a fantastic day!!

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

You too my friend!