Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error in Pivot Table

I am creating a pivot table through a macro after making some selections which act as the dimensions.

The macro works fine when run on the server but when trying to run on IE, the pivot table is created but it is all black in color making it unreadable, even if i send it to excel, the font and the background color is black

Unable to resolve this issue

Please help

Regards

Peter

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Peter,

Are you dynamically setting the background colour? I had something similar recently and as none of the conditions were true QV defaulted it to black. To test if the values are actually there change the fill colour to none for the cells in the exported spreadsheet (if the text colour is black then they are simply being hidden).

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Dear Gordon

Yes there is data in the table but since both the background and the text color is black, it is not readable

Please suggext a way where we can change the qv default from black to white

thanks in advance

regards

Peter

Not applicable
Author

So are you setting the background colour? If you are it sounds like the conditioning is wrong (no colour is being returned) If you want to post the conditioning....

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

No back ground color is set , please find code as below

sub

tabel

set

s=ActiveDocument.Sheets("SH02"

)

for

i=0 to orignumber-1

next

set

Hlo=ActiveDocument.GetSheet("SH02"

).CreatePivotTable

set

arrslc=ActiveDocument.Fields("$Field"

).GetSelectedValues(200)

for

i=0 to arrslc.Count-1

if

slc<>"AutoID"

then

end

if

next

"sum(if(ValidTo>=[DateFrom] and ValidTo<=[DateTo],(if([Variable1]='BPARate',BPARate,if([Variable1]='BAF',BAF,if([Variable1]='CAF',CAF))))))"

set

cp = Hlo.GetProperties

set

expr = cp.Expressions.Item(0).Item(0).Data.ExpressionVisual

"BPARate"

set

Prop = Hlo.GetProperties

true

end

sub

Not applicable
Author

I suggest you explicitly set the background colour to white - see BkgColor and BkgColorExp in the API guide.

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Gordon

Tried using the same but error still persists

Can you send me an example or code ?

Thanks

Peter

Not applicable
Author

The API guide should show examples, but here is some code I wrote a while ago which you are welcome to pick over. It creates a straight table with dynamic expressions based on the entries in a tablebox and sets the background color based on a numeric entry in the tablebox.

sub CH_TOTALS_Expr
' Set the expressions for the current repairs

set chart = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH_TOTALS")
set cp = chart.GetProperties

' remove all existing expressions from chart
n = cp.Expressions.Count
Do While n > 0 ' will end when no more expressions or unxepected error from removeexpression
n = chart.RemoveExpression(0)
Loop

' add expression for every repair
set tbox = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject( "TB_HEADERS" )
For r = 1 to tbox.GetRowCount-1 ' rows numbered from 0 but skip table box header row
set cell = tbox.GetCell(r,2) ' get RBF Code
chart.AddExpression "sum(if ([RBF Code]='" & cell.Text & "', [Reqd Qty], 0))"
Next 'r

' now set the corresponding repair description as the column label and the background colour to the group number
' have to do this as a second loop as after adding an expression would otherwise need to 'GetProperties' each time
set cp = chart.GetProperties
For r = 1 to tbox.GetRowCount-1 ' rows numbered from 0 but skip table box header row
set expr = cp.Expressions.Item(r -1).Item(0).Data 'expressions numbered from 0
set cell = tbox.GetCell(r,3) ' get Repair
set ev = expr.ExpressionVisual
ev.Label.v = cell.Text
ev.ColWidth = 265
set cell = tbox.GetCell(r,0) ' get Group No
set bce = expr.AttributeExpressions.BkgColorExp
bce.Definition.v = "color(" & cell.Text & ")"
Next 'r

cp.TableProperties.StyleNumber = -1 ' set style to 'custom'

chart.SetProperties cp

ActiveDocument.Save

end sub

What happens though after your table is created and you change the background colour manually?

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Gordon

Thanks for the reply

I have sorted out the problem

Now instead of creating a new pivot table, i am removing the existing fields and adding new fields in already existing Pivot table, this is working fine

regards

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I intend to create the same kind of "dynamic" pivot table with a macro to modify dimensions and expressions but i read in the QlikView manual that interaction with objects (using SetProperties for instance) is not allowed as soon as QlikView server is used...

But it seems you implemented it and tested with server. Is this working fine?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.