Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ab92
Creator II
Creator II

Error script during the creation of the QVD

Hi everyone !

Please see below my error :

Error extraction de base SageX3.PNG

i create this variable  :

SET vQVD_X3ERP='..\Entrepot\X3ERP\';

Please could you help me about this problem ?

22 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Same issue is reported here with exactly the same character and error: https://community.oracle.com/thread/2362811

Further reference in https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28278/e900.htm#ORA-00910 and Database Object Names and Qualifiers both of which suggest to use double quotes " instead of grave ` (not acute as I originally said)

ab92
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Miguel

It's song butter, but it's not really ok...

He has more reload of the number of files.

But see below the new error :

Error 3.PNG

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Is there a blank/space between QLICKVIEW. and "APEX_ACTIVITY_LOG" ? Looks like it, if anything, I would try with either no quotes, which you already did and didn't work, it seems, or both double quoted:

"QLICKVIEW"."APEX_ACTIVITY_LOG"

P.S.: it hurts to see QlikView spelled that way

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Also, does that table actually exist and it is visible for the user performing the reloads (i.e.: read access granted)? If you run that same query from the same computer with any SQL client (e.g. TOAD, but whatever you use), what does it return?

ab92
Creator II
Creator II
Author

After a long time of reflection, I think the name of my database is not correct.

I try my best to contact our host to improve the process of the reload.

To answer at your question :

I use this configuration in order to create the QVD...
I can't said what's there are in the database, but I can said I'm trying to exctrat the data from the software SAGEX3.

The way is still long but I do not despair thanks so much for your help.

I'll let you know about the advanced....

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It would help you a lot if you can run that query using a database client (there are several open sourced and free) so you can see how the tables look like, even if they exist.

ab92
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ok I know that Miguel but for you the connection is working no ?

Of curse Is not a problem of connection only of the table ...

But how I can connect the database in client ?

Knowing the data from Oracle I didn't understand

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The connection seems to work since it actually connects and returns a result from the database (an error, yet a result after all).

There are several applications you can use to connect to a database and send raw queries to the database engine. I mentioned Toad, it could be SQuirrel, Firebird, Oracle SQL Developer... This is software that uses the same driver that QlikView uses to connect, but lets you query the database directly, so you can troubleshoot first if the connection works (it does), and second if the table has the same values you expect (in this case the table either does not exist or the user does not have permissions to read from it).

ab92
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ok I download Oracle SQL developer ..

I research the configuration and I will get you in touch when I find the problem.

Axel

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Axel,

As my understanding you wrote the code for ODBC connection.(To connect Oracle)

For this you / your Network team need to install Oracle ODBC driver for Oracle software.

Like below, (Hope you already have the necessary privileges to create ODBC connection and Oracle Client edition is installed in your machine)

Start windows button -->Control panel-->Administrative tools-->Odbc(32/64)-->User DSN tab-->click on Add button and create new ODBC driver.

EX:-

ODBC CONNECT32 TO [xxx_xxx_xxx_ORA_32_V3TREDEV;DBQ=V3TREDEV ] (UserId is 12345, Password is XXXXXXX);

then you won't get this type of error