Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Excel export treats qlik text fieds as mixed that causes troubles with long numbers

I have a trouble with exporting text fields to Excel using Send to Excel. When the field contain a long number (12 digits or more) the results are displayed in exponential form (like 6.6722E+11). As these are the IDs it is not a good idea to leave them displayed that way. Can I force the export to put such columns in excel in the Text format? Thanks in advance!

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I can't post the whole data, but I composed a test part and it behaves really strange. It exports some data as text and some as mixed. Here you are. Try to export "Chart".

PS: Done with Qlik desktop 11.20.12354.0 SR6 64bit.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

look at the attachment.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot! I thought you meant converting to text on the data load stage, not the modified dimension. Thanks again!

Not applicable
Author

By the way, this is not an option, when I try to export data from table box...

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

In that case,

Find the attached application. Its possible,

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi again!

Another lap? 😉

My data load script contains "Text([ИНН организации]) as  [ИНН организации]" but when I do my Excel export from table box the data is displayed as

ИНН организации
2.30203E+11
7.82021E+11
3.90604E+11

I really don't catch the Qlik logic (if any ;-)) of formatting data in export.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

Did you check my file 120793.qvw

May be Qlik find difficulty in interpreting your character [ИНН организации.

First rename your field and can try by resident load.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Yep, you're right again. I've created another field with the same import directive, but with english name and the export is done well. But the logic of the export is really fuzzy. I've created another qvw with import of the same data source with the same parameters and even with same field name (both in russian and english). Then I created a table box with these two fields (rus + eng). And they're BOTH exported in proper way. So I really can't find out why and when (on what conditions) Qlik does spoil the export data...