Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arpita
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exclude weekends for calculating data

Hi

Load

SET_ID,

AGE,

BREAK,

makedate(subfield(FileBaseName(), '_', 7), subfield(FileBaseName(), '_', 6), subfield(FileBaseName(), '_', 5)) as Date

FROM
$(file)

I have used the below expression to find the difference in Count(SET_ID) between a day and its previous day. It works fine for Tuesday till Friday but for the Monday's data, its doesnt show the difference because of the falling weekends. Please help

=Count({<Date={'$(=max(Date))'}>}total SET_ID)-Count({<Date={'$(=date(max(Date)-1))'}>}total SET_ID)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

The count of SET_ID for the latest non-weekend date in your selection.

Count({< Date={'$(=date(max({<Date={"<=$(=max(Date))"},[WeekDay]={"<5"}>}Date,1)))'}>}total SET_ID)

The count of SET_ID for the second latest non-weekend date in your selection.

Count({<Date={'$(=date(max({<Date={"<=$(=max(Date))"},[WeekDay]={"<5"}>}Date,2)))'}>}total SET_ID)

Vegar_0-1615538085932.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi Arpita,

Bring new field weekday from script & try like below

=date(max({<WeekDay-={'Sun','Sat'},Date=>}Date)-1)

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Hi , I believe that @MayilVahanan  solution still will return Sundays values on a Monday. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I would re-use that approach, but use the second parameter of max()  to fetch the correct previous date. 

Count({<Date={'$(=date(max({< [WeekDay]-={"Sat","Sun"}>}Date,2)))'}>}total SET_ID)

arpita
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Mayil and Vegar,

Both of these doesnt work

Vegar
MVP
MVP

The count of SET_ID for the latest non-weekend date in your selection.

Count({< Date={'$(=date(max({<Date={"<=$(=max(Date))"},[WeekDay]={"<5"}>}Date,1)))'}>}total SET_ID)

The count of SET_ID for the second latest non-weekend date in your selection.

Count({<Date={'$(=date(max({<Date={"<=$(=max(Date))"},[WeekDay]={"<5"}>}Date,2)))'}>}total SET_ID)

Vegar_0-1615538085932.png

arpita
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Vegar....It worked 🙂

CAn you help me with this

I have a calculated field (CCY_SETID) in my load statement. Now I need to have the total count of (CCY_SETID)  in load script.

TLMMO:

LOAD
SET_ID,
IF(Wildmatch(SET_ID,'*GDS*')=1,NULL(),SET_ID) AS CCY_SETID

FROM
$(file)