Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dianne
Contributor II
Contributor II

Exclude zero (0) in set analysis

Hi,

I have tried everything to exclude a 0 qty in my set analysis but nothing seems to work. this is the last 2 I tried:

1. Sum({<[Purchase Order Line Outstanding Quanity]-={0}>} [Purchase Order Line Outstanding Quanity])
2. Sum([Purchase Order Line Outstanding Quanity]) >0

Labels (1)
15 Replies
Dianne
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,
This solution gives 0,00 as the result instead of excluding the lines.

Dianne_5-1683112592348.png

Or
MVP
MVP

I'm a tad confused here.

Sum({<[Purchase Order Line Outstanding Quanity]-={0}>} [Purchase Order Line Outstanding Quanity]) should be the exact same thing as:

Sum([Purchase Order Line Outstanding Quanity])

Since if this field is 0 or null, it doesn't change the sum in any way.

This doesn't mean you can't come up with a result that's 0, if there are no associated non-zero quanity[sic] or if the values add up to 0 (e.g. 4, -3, -1).

Hiding 0 rows will hide rows where all measures are 0/null, not this specific one. If you want to hide rows where this specific field is null, you can either try using dimension limits (which would require placing this measure in front of the other measures) or repeat the appropriate set for all measures in this object to ensure they wind up as 0 when appropriate.

Kushal_Chawda

@Dianne  It seems you have many other measures in your table which is why you are not able to exclude the quantity from table. You need to apply quantity>0 condition in all your measures then only it will work

For Quantity  Measure =if(Sum([Purchase Order Line Outstanding Quanity]) >0,Sum([Purchase Order Line Outstanding Quanity]) ,0)

For Unit Price Measure =if(Sum([Purchase Order Line Outstanding Quanity]) >0,Sum([Unit Price]) ,0)

likewise apply condition for all measures.

Then go to Add-Ons, and uncheck 'Include zero values' option

Dianne
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, 

Thank you! will try that

DiegoF
Creator
Creator

It seems that you don´t want to show the line in Dimension when it´s sum is 0, if you use that expression: Aggr(If(Sum( [Purchase Order Line Outstanding Quanity])>0, Dimension), Dimension), you should put it as a Dimension, not as a measure. 

Prem0212
Creator
Creator

I think this expression will exclude the zero values   Sum({<[Purchase Order Line Outstanding Quanity] = -{0} >} [Purchase Order Line Outstanding Quanity]).