Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vishal
Contributor II
Contributor II

SAS code clarification to implement in Qlikview.

Hello everyone, 

I have this SAS code as below, which I need to replicate in Qlikview. This is somewhat confusing for me - creating a table and joining internally. Can anyone tell the right sequence of this code? Should I first load the table 'a' the 'Left Join' it using table 'b' and then implement the conditions? 

Plus, since table 'b' doesn't have similar name table 'Code1', as it is in table 'a', should I go ahead and rename the column in 'b' to 'Code1'? or while doing so, should I keep the copy of original column 'Code'? I am new to Qlikview. 

Thanks for the help! 

Vishal_0-1660035304828.png

Regards

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandyBennington
Contributor
Contributor

To clarify, SAS code cannot be directly implemented in QlikView, as SAS is a separate programming language and QlikView uses a different scripting language called QlikView script (QVS). However, you may be able to achieve similar functionality in QlikView by translating or replicating the SAS code using QlikView script.

Here are some general steps to translate SAS code into QlikView script:

1. Understand the logic of the SAS code: Before translating the code, it is important to understand the purpose and logic of the SAS code. This will help you determine how to replicate the functionality in QlikView.

2. Identify the relevant QlikView script functions: QlikView script provides a set of built-in functions that can be used to perform various data transformations and calculations. Identify the functions that can be used to replicate the SAS code.

3. Translate the code: Once you have identified the relevant QlikView script functions, translate the SAS code into QlikView script. You may need to modify the syntax and logic of the code to fit the QlikView script language.

4. Test and refine: Once you have translated the code, test it in QlikView to ensure that it produces the desired results. Refine the code as needed until it works correctly.

It is important to note that SAS and QlikView have different strengths and weaknesses, and there may be some SAS code that cannot be easily translated into QlikView script. In such cases, you may need to seek assistance from a QlikView developer or consultant who can help you find alternative solutions or workarounds.

PaybyPlateMa

View solution in original post

2 Replies
centurahealth
Contributor
Contributor

At the outset: We need to add the site that contains the image to the list of sites in the Management Console of the Qlik SaaS tenant's 'Content Security Policy. Even if you're using a domain name that's already in use by another site, you'll still need to provide its "Origin" to distinguish between them. I've tested it by selecting "img-src" and "media-src" in the "Directive" box, and everything appears to be functioning well.

Mycenturahealth

RandyBennington
Contributor
Contributor

To clarify, SAS code cannot be directly implemented in QlikView, as SAS is a separate programming language and QlikView uses a different scripting language called QlikView script (QVS). However, you may be able to achieve similar functionality in QlikView by translating or replicating the SAS code using QlikView script.

Here are some general steps to translate SAS code into QlikView script:

1. Understand the logic of the SAS code: Before translating the code, it is important to understand the purpose and logic of the SAS code. This will help you determine how to replicate the functionality in QlikView.

2. Identify the relevant QlikView script functions: QlikView script provides a set of built-in functions that can be used to perform various data transformations and calculations. Identify the functions that can be used to replicate the SAS code.

3. Translate the code: Once you have identified the relevant QlikView script functions, translate the SAS code into QlikView script. You may need to modify the syntax and logic of the code to fit the QlikView script language.

4. Test and refine: Once you have translated the code, test it in QlikView to ensure that it produces the desired results. Refine the code as needed until it works correctly.

It is important to note that SAS and QlikView have different strengths and weaknesses, and there may be some SAS code that cannot be easily translated into QlikView script. In such cases, you may need to seek assistance from a QlikView developer or consultant who can help you find alternative solutions or workarounds.

PaybyPlateMa