Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excluding Data Files From Loading From QlikView

One of the user requirements is to exclude certain CSV files from loading and those set of files would be selected by the user through Qlikview. They want to have an interface on QlikView with selections for Retailer, Category, Date etc. and once submitted QlikView should refresh immediately and do not load files specified.

I have a large number of CSV files in one directory (no database) and loading all of them through

Load *

satatement

File names do have all the information mentioned above.

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for prompt reply. The scenario that I'm facing is if the user excludes certain files, thos efiles should not load in future. From this example, it looks like they would have to filter out data everytime.

Also, my filter criteria invloves multiple fileds, in this example it is based on only one (i.e. Year), would the logic be different in that case?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can just keep appending values to the variable instead of just replacing the values like in my example. The variable will then have a list of all files to exclude. This variable can be used on the next reload to skip the unwanted files. My example uses just one field, but that doesn't really matter. You need to create a list of file names and put them in a variable. How many fields you use to determine the file name to exclude is up to you. Of course it's easiest if your users can simply select the file names they've processed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

Is there a possibility, instead of excluding (CSV) files, I could exclude certain rows (within CSV files from loading) based on user's selections?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, basically the same principle. Add the conditions to a variable and use the variable in the where clause for the load statement. You might also want to look at the Dynamic Update feature. Perhaps you can use that too.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for sharing.

I create one big QVD first (from all those CSV files) and shwoing data out of that QVD. Now, in this case, can I manipulate that QVD or can I only edit CSV files and change my model to skip creating QVD and directly showing data from (CSV) files?