Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Excluding Multiple Values from a Dimension

I am trying to create a dimension within a straight table that excludes multiple values.  Specifically, I am trying to filter out about 20 different Test Patients from a set of data.

Is it possible to create a calculated dimension within the straight table that will filter them out, or must this be done a different way?

Keep in mind, I need them to load into the application for other tables. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like this,

if(not match(FieldName,'value1','value2',..,'value20'),FieldName) as dimension and suppress null value..

or

if excluded field value is more then displaying field value means, use match function as per your convenience..

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can use a calculated dimension and suppress nulls. See attached for a basic example.

MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like this,

if(not match(FieldName,'value1','value2',..,'value20'),FieldName) as dimension and suppress null value..

or

if excluded field value is more then displaying field value means, use match function as per your convenience..

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

The if(not match ...) worked well, thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Hai Mayli

What Is The Meaning Of Uni Testing In QLikview.