Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Export to Excel/Server Log Issue

Hello Folks,

I have been struggling to find the reason for the following:

Every time a user right-clicks on a QlikView Object to export the data to excel, the following error comes up.

"Export Failed. Please check server log for more details. (It's most likely that export process took too much Server resource)"-see attached.

When we look into the log we notice that there is a Warning message that states as follows.

"<xxxxxx.qvw> failed to load because of no file access [3000]"

I know this error typically has something to do with section access restrictions but there is no section access on this application. Does anyone know what this error means? I'm particularly intrigued by the [3000]. Could this warning message be the reason why export is not available for the user?

Also, please keep in mind the user is accessing the QVW via the Access Point.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
naim216
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Environment:

• QlikView 12.20 (November 2017) and up

Edit or add the following config parameters in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings.ini and Restart Services:
QvExportTimeLimitSec=-1
QvExportMemoryLimitMB=0

Description:
QvExportTimeLimitSec (Use -1 if you don't want time limit; Default Values:-->On Server: 180 Desktop: -1)
Time limit for exporting object to Xlsx. Integer number in seconds.

QvExportMemoryLimitMB (Use 0 if you don't want memory limit;)
Memory limit for exporting object to Xlsx. Integer number in MB.

The setting needs to be applied in the settings.ini file in as a [Settings 7] property. Example: 

[Settings 7]
QvExportTimeLimitSec=-1
QvExportMemoryLimitMB=0

ServerLogFolder=\\QLIKSERVER2\share\logs
DocumentDirectory=\\QLIKSERVER2\share\root
NumberOfDocuments=-1

View solution in original post

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just beware the above post is setting 'unlimited' on both values, so no size or time limit on exports, which you may not want to allow if you have some users that may do crazy things regarding trying to export information.  It may be better to increase the limits but leave limits in place to ensure you see the ones that are failing and can evaluate whether that is a use case you want to allow or not.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe it's restricted within the qmc:

- Marcus

naim216
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Environment:

• QlikView 12.20 (November 2017) and up

Edit or add the following config parameters in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings.ini and Restart Services:
QvExportTimeLimitSec=-1
QvExportMemoryLimitMB=0

Description:
QvExportTimeLimitSec (Use -1 if you don't want time limit; Default Values:-->On Server: 180 Desktop: -1)
Time limit for exporting object to Xlsx. Integer number in seconds.

QvExportMemoryLimitMB (Use 0 if you don't want memory limit;)
Memory limit for exporting object to Xlsx. Integer number in MB.

The setting needs to be applied in the settings.ini file in as a [Settings 7] property. Example: 

[Settings 7]
QvExportTimeLimitSec=-1
QvExportMemoryLimitMB=0

ServerLogFolder=\\QLIKSERVER2\share\logs
DocumentDirectory=\\QLIKSERVER2\share\root
NumberOfDocuments=-1
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just beware the above post is setting 'unlimited' on both values, so no size or time limit on exports, which you may not want to allow if you have some users that may do crazy things regarding trying to export information.  It may be better to increase the limits but leave limits in place to ensure you see the ones that are failing and can evaluate whether that is a use case you want to allow or not.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
fabio_ribeiro
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Everyone, I just want to know what is the max and min value of these parameters.

QvExportTimeLimitSec=-1
QvExportMemoryLimitMB=0

And If is possible to know where the SELOG_Export file is saved.

Thanks in advance.