Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Exporting QV objects to a Excel document using macros?

Hi All,

Macros working fine with Qlikview desktop but it's not working browser (IE plug in / AJAX client). is there workaround solution for this?

I've enabled macros at server level and script (please refer to the attached  document and screen shot). please advise? Thanks

Environment:

Qlikview 11.20.12904.0409.10 & Windows 2012 R2

macros_settings.jpgmacros_settings_script.jpg

Thanks

Deva

17 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Marcus,

Now able to open the document through IE plug in but when i click the button (Export to excel) nothing happens.

1.jpg

"xxx.qvw is being opened" issue resolved.

Thanks

Deva

marcus_sommer

If you have opened the export-application press Ctrl+Shift+M - then you will get access to the macro security-options and there you need to enable system/file-access. Further go to IE options and disable the protected mode and take a look to the various ActiveX options - they needs to be enabled too. If they are not available - those options might be restricted through your IT department - you could try to move the access point to the trusted websites.

- Marcus

devarasu07
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi marcus_sommer

Thanks for your reply, when I selected Ctrl+Shift+M, Give System Access to Module Script" is chosen. and also enabled trusted websites . (do we have any server level/browser level log file it will be useful for debugging the issue)

2.jpg

trusted.jpg

add-ons.jpg

marcus_sommer

You need also to disable the protected mode:

- Marcus

devarasu07
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi @Marcus,

disabled the protected mode option and the clear all my browser history and then re-opened and still nothing happens when i clicks on "Export to Excel" button. tks deva

marcus_sommer

Try again with a dummy-app with a simple macro like: msgbox "Hello World" to check if any macro will be executed.

- Marcus

devarasu07
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Marcus,

Please refer to the attachment, tried with your suggestion and simple Hello world macro program also not working. Thanks Deva

marcus_sommer

For me it worked without any problem:

Take again a look on all above mentioned settings if there is anything noticeable.

Another potential problems could happens if there are any proxy-servers within the IE connection-settings. Further there could be some incompatibility between your server + plugin release and the IE release - one possibility here might be to use the compatibility-mode from the IE to use an older release maybe the IE8.

- Marcus